- Pick 20 of your favorite movies.
- Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
- Post them here for everyone to guess.
- Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
- NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
sorry for all the cuss words in this one...) Jules: [Jules shoots the man on the couch] I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished. Well then, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
Jules: What country are you from?
Jules: What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?
Jules: English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
Jules: Then you know what I'm sayin'!
Jules: Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
Jules: Say what again. Say what again, motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!
Hubby got this one right away!
2. That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is.
Do you know what my daughter's nurse told her today? "In a girl's voice lies temptation - a known fact. Eloquence in a woman means promiscuity. Promiscuity of the mind leads to promiscuity of the body." She doesn't believe it yet, but she will. She'll grow up just like her mother. Marry, raise children and honor her family. Spend her youth in needlepoint and rue the day she was born a girl. And when she dies, she'll wonder why she obeyed all the rules of God and Country for no biblical hell could ever be worse than a state of perpetual inconsequence.
I am surprised anyone got this!!! Goes to rhynndavrie
Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet of them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; leave me my name!
The crucible - gilded_garb
Sarah : Give me the child. Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child that you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great... rhynndavrie
Sarah: For my will is as strong as yours, my kingdom as great... Damn. I can never remember that line.
[Sarah looks up the line from the ******** book]
Sarah: You have no power over me.
was first on this one
First she steals my publicity. Then she steals my lawyer, my trial date. And now she steals my goddamn garter.
Chicago - aviendiora
Dear Diary, I am writing in your bullshit pages because my shrink is crazier then I am. He thinks you're therapy. He figures if two babies can hammer me into a Psycho ward, what will I do with this ? He is so stupid. He's so stupid that he thinks he pulled me through the breakdown when it was Christy. Always. Only Chris.
What Dreams May Come. My favorite movie of all time! aviendiora
has seen it too.
8. [to a pretty mannequin in the video store
] I... I promised a friend I would say hello to you today.
[begins to cry
: Please say hello to me.
: Please say hello to me
: Oh, please tell me there's something disreputable in your past Two
: Well, my father was an artist One:
Ah, that's better, a starving one I hope Two
: Absolutely ravenous
10. Oh, you were not what was desired, but that makes you no less dear to me. A boy would have been the Son of France, but you Marie Terese shall be mine.
Not sure of any seamstress who hasn't seen this movie. gilded_garb
One, two, Freddy's coming for you. / Three, four, better lock your door. / Five, six, grab your crucifix. / Seven, eight, better stay awake. / Nine, ten, never sleep again
. - Nightmare on Elm street - My hubby
12. I had a dream my life would be So different from this hell I'm living So different now from what it seemed Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.
Les Miserables goes to gilded_garb
13. Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?
The Count of Monte Cristo - aviendiora
got this one.
14. I bet you've had a hard time walking into a room full of people on your own, right? Yeah. I know that. I know what it is not to feel like your in the room until he looks at you or touches your hand or even makes a joke at your expense, just to let everyone know... you're with him. You're his.
15. Thank you. I know why you denied my sister. When I was younger... you used to hold my arm when I walked. Then suddenly you stopped. One day, I even tripped in your presence and nearly fell. I was faking, of course, but still you did not hold me. Sometimes we don't do things we want to do so that others won't know we want to do them.
16. Do you know what his soul said to me, without saying a word? 'Let him go', he said 'Let him go'.
17. Goodnight, you princes of Maine. You kings of New England.
(okay the next one is easy.)
She paints her face to hide her face. Her eyes are deep water. It is not for Geisha to want. It is not for geisha to feel. Geisha is an artist of the floating world. She dances, she sings. She entertains you, whatever you want. The rest is shadows, the rest is secret.
Memoirs of a Geisha -My hubby guessed.
19. Ron Kovic
: This place is a fuckin' slum! Marvin
: You want out of here, man? Fine. We take that leg of yours, and we can get you out of here in two weeks! Ron Kovic
: I want my leg. Marvin
: Why? Ron Kovic
: I want my leg! Marvin
: Why? You can't feel it no how! Ron Kovic
: (incredulous and angry) It's my leg! I want my leg, you understand? Can't you understand that? All's I'm sayin' is that I want to be treated like a human being! I fought for my country! I am a Vietnam veteran! I fought for my country!
... and lastly one of my favorites from when I was a kid.
20. Marie : Me first! Me first!
Toulouse the Orange Kitten: Why should you be first?
Marie: Because I'm a lady. That's why.
Toulouse the Orange Kitten: Oh, you're not a lady.
Berlioz the Kitten: You're nothing but a sister!
must be a Disney junkie too :)