Because I work better with lists I am resorting back to that.
So I forced myself to work on costuming projects. I pulled out the pattern and fabric for the Regency corset. Finished a few seams and sewed on the strap button for the apron. Packed up two boxes filled with accessories, beads, and my Regency costume, and my corset muslin to be sent to Avien. Not a whole lot but definatly progress for someone whose nerves are still fried.
I have decided I am going to have to rip out the panel that ripped, along with the binding:(. For now I am just going to replace it. In the long run it will have to be completely redone. I knew it needed another layer for strength but it since it was the first time I had done a Victorian corset I went along blindly thinking the waist ribbon would be enough. HA! Now I know to go with my gut. I just have to pray and hope it doesn't rip again at Costume Con.
Does anyone know if you can bring needles and mini sciccors on the planes now? I figure that would be a good time to do Henry's costume since it has to be hand sewn anyway.
It hasn't all been about guild wars though I have been slowly tearing away stablizer when I have a free moment or two. Avien was able to finsh my embroidery and it is gorgeous. I am in love. I have been trying to figure out beading for it but am having a hard time because I don't want to cover any of the embroidery. It looks so yummy I don't want it covered with stuff. I am witholding pics until it is attached to the acutal costume. Its my little guilty pleasure right now. NOT SHARING!
I didn't get to far with the steampunk apron as planned because when I went to sweep the floor so I could set the fabric out to cut it I ended up cleaning the house instead. Which is a good thing... but not what I had started with. So now I am going to go and cut it. Going to attempt to ban myself from GW and most of the interent, except LJ and emai of course until its on its way to being done. April will be here before I know it and I will have all of 1 costume done and two half costumes. And the one done won't be mine it'll be Henry's!!!!
The plan is to also cut out the pattern pieces for the steam punk apron. Or at least the skirt pieces. I will probably have to do a mock up of the bodice part to get that just right. I need to wash the wool first though. Anyone have any special advice for washing wool. I keep having visions of it shrinking away to nothing.
The old man is snoring.
We have hit raining season with a venegance... But I love rain so it doesn't bother me one bit.
Sewing is slow but steady. I have under 20 more channels to go for the corset. This of course makes me very very happy! I also scaled up the smock pattern the other day and started cutting out the pieces. I was stalled on that though. I had also scaled down a shirt pattern for Henry. (WAIT no one knows about Henry yet. Henry is a stuffed animal that I am making for Costume Con 26's mousekerade.) I had cut out all his shirt pieces with the scraps of previous chemise. I started sewing a few pieces together and before I knew it a day had passed and all I have left is one sleeve cuff. It is on such a small scale I am having to do alot by hand. OUCH. But it is turning out so nice. I even put a little bit of black work on the collar :) I should have pics up today or tomorrow on my website after I finish that last cuff.